Assembler & Packager 2nd Shift
Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce packaged soft vinyl baits. Maintains and keeps pace lines operating efficiently and producing good quality packaged baits. This job is team oriented and each packager is responsible for the team output.
Counts and places soft baits onto a pace line or into a consumer package
Inspects baits for obvious defects
Works at different work stations as production requires
Stages bulk bait product and maintains production order records on a rotational basis
Places packages into bulk warehouse boxes
Confirms production at department computer stations as the setup person
Makes routine adjustments to printers, labelers, box makers/sealers and pace line speed
Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully an individual must have good manual dexterity.
- They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information on production orders and attributes.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
- Light lifting up to 25 pounds. Must not be colorblind
- Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables under standardized situations.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA