KC Warehouse - Scheduling/Routing Supervisor
Scheduling/Routing Supervisor – Provides and models positive Big 4 behaviors, performance, leadership, team development and continuous improvement to safely, accurately and efficiently deliver on-time-in-full completion of receipts, shipments and deliveries, specifically within scheduling, traffic and outbound shipments, as well as coordinating with shift supervision. Owns and is responsible for the reliability of processes and systems, that ensure operational efficiency in delivering service to meet customers’ expectations. Owns scheduling performance along with individual and team performance. Assists in leadership of the distribution center, to ensure safe, productive, efficient, timely, and accurate performance while actively contributing to providing a safe, fun environment. Works with others to ensure a proper flow of product from dock to customer. Accurately and efficiently performs daily decision-making on all transportation freight routing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Over sees and Coordinates workload with counterparts and Distribution supervisor-traffic; prioritizes and schedules orders to the floor in conjunction with workflow plans to insure on-time-in-full completion of shipments and deliveries.
2. Over sees and ensures that all routing requests are completed per customer requirements. Gathers information from SAP, enters data in a timely manner.
3. Works directly with the customer service to ensure all requirements are met and shipments are picked up in a timely manner.
4. Understands DDL schedules to ensure balanced workflow while meeting on-time in-full customer expectations.
5. Ensures the Consolidation of shipments to obtain least cost routings.
6. Ensures all MABD and ZZGI dates are met and extended if needed.
7. Schedules all special routings with carriers.
8. Leads projects related to scheduling with carriers.
9. Maintains updates to scheduling procedures.
10. Creates, coordinates and communicates daily workflow plans and controls workflow to the floor.
11. Other duties as assigned.
12. Coaches, and mentors’ subordinate staff to support accurate, efficient scheduling along with succession planning.
13. Assists leadership with additional responsibilities as assigned.
1. 5 years transportation/routing and order scheduling experience in DC environment to improve process, drive quality and improve fiscal performance.
2. 2 years supervisor experience.
3. Previous SAP experience/MS Office
4. High school diploma required. College degree preferred
5. Results oriented individual with the ability to help develop and sustain a strong positive Team.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- NW 106th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64155, USA