Spooling Operator 2nd shift
1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA Req #74
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Set-up, adjust and operate multiple spoolers to efficiently produce good quality fishing line.
- Tends spoolers for continuous operation.
- Performs setup operation.
- Determines which spooler to use for existing orders
- Adjusts level wind when needed.
- Dispense spools into hopper loader.
- . Checks supply spool, for correct line after each line change.
- Positions supply spools on tubs.
- Checks for proper weights for each size run.
- Returns empty supply spools to pallets.
- Maintains proper speeds on the elevators.
- Enters completed data in computer.
- Stages product for final step in process.
- Must be able to use Object List to determine what materials to use.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications – To perform this job successfully an individual must be somewhat mechanically inclined. They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information such as attributes that are sometimes provided.
- Education and/or Experience –High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or1–3 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Reasoning- Ability – Ability to apply common sense. Understand and carryout detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of Weight measurement.
- Physical Ability – Light lifting, must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA