Bait Packaging Operator 2nd shift
Operates and makes adjustments to the packaging machines. Ensures that the machine is operating efficiently and producing a high-quality product. This position is intimately related to total bait packaging department output.
· Tends to the packaging equipment for continuous operation
· Performs setup operations
· Makes routine machine adjustments
· Changes film and printer labels as necessary
· Ensures packaging equipment operates efficiently
· Maintains records and worksheets
· Ensures needed materials are available
· Performs area housekeeping
· Works as a soft bait packager as able
· Works in other areas of manufacturing as needed
· Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
· Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
· Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
· To perform this job successfully an individual must be somewhat mechanically inclined. They must be able to correct minor machine problems and follow directions. They must show above average initiative and motivation to ensure department output.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-4 months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to perform calculations using weight measurements.
· Light lifting, with occasional 25 pounds and up to 60 pounds at times.
· Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
· *All duties and responsibilities in this description are not to be interpreted as inclusive.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA