Trout Bait Operator 2nd shift
Performs functions necessary to operate trout lines.
· Performs functions necessary to set-up, including 1.1 oz and 2.38 oz capper set-ups, troubleshoot and operate all equipment in the Trout department.
· Assists Product Innovation/Engineering in testing of new raw materials, new colors of dough bait, and helps develop new or improved methods
· Responsible to inspect, and assure all quality functions are performed.
· Responsible to do minor or major clean up as needed on equipment and production area.
· Must be able to read and understand a work order and perform SAP confirmation and scrapping transactions, other transactions may be required upon request of Team Leader.
· Communicates pertinent information thoroughly with all department personnel.
· Responsible to maintain an organized, neat, clean and productive work area.
· Communicates with maintenance and the VSL to improve mechanical problems.
· Fills out production records, run sheets, and other necessary department paperwork.
· Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
· Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
· Qualifications – To perform this job successfully an individual must be quality conscious and detail oriented. Responsible to follow directions and make decisions with information such as attributes that are sometimes provided.
· Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of weight measurement.
- Physical Ability – Responsible to push full totes of dough bait to line as needed. These totes may weigh in excess of 35 lbs.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA