Voting Health IT Senior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer
Wheat Ridge, CO
SLI Compliance is a growing company with over 25 years of experience in providing a full range of high quality certification and compliance testing services for Health IT and Voting System providers. We have exciting opportunities for an experienced Voting/Health IT Senior Test Engineers to join our Wheat Ridge, Colorado team.
The Voting/Health IT Senior Test Engineer provides day-to-day execution of the tasks necessary to support the operations and delivery of software and hardware test engineering services to product manufacturers operating within the regulated voting and health IT (HIT) industries. The Voting/Health IT Senior Test Engineer ensures that testing services meet rigorous federally defined standards, and, where appropriate for the type of testing, that related system functionality operates in accordance with design requirements and specifications. In addition, the Voting/Health IT Senior Test Engineer acts as a project manager for medium sized projects from beginning to end.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Test Manager in the planning, development and execution of the test plans and certification reports
- Leads a team of Test Engineers, reviewing and analyzing vendor documentation and also developing, validating and executing software/system test procedures
- Supervises the in-house test effort under the direction of the Test Manager
- Gathers information regarding test status, discrepancies, etc. to help the Test Manager keep the vendor informed
- Applies an understanding of quality assurance methodologies, including software and/or hardware engineering
- Leads and coordinates the source code review effort, ensuring all records are created and saved appropriately
- Quickly learns new testing techniques, test tools, and environments and passes this on to Voting/Health IT Test Engineers within the team
- Performs other related duties, as needed
Experience, Education, Skills and Credentials:
- A technical 4-year degree in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, or a related field is required; certification, formal training, experience, or demonstrated competency in a technical discipline may be evaluated and considered in lieu of the educational requirement(s)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A minimum of 4 years of technical experience in software quality assurance/quality control, test engineering or software development and engineering is required
- Experience with testing any computer based voting system or health IT product, depending on the industry, is preferred
- 2 years of previous experience leading a team of testers on a project is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of analysis of software requirements and functional software design experience
- Experience in C++, C# or one or more of the following programming languages: PowerBuilder, C, Java, Visual Basic, HTML is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Access, Project, and Outlook) with an emphasis on Excel is required
- Proficiency in Windows operating system environments is required; Linux experience is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply quality assurance methodologies, including software and/or hardware engineering is preferred
- Must be able to perform a logical analysis of a situation and make a determination, including when to seek help
- Must be detail-oriented and focused while also being able to multitask and adapt to a fast paced, priority shifting environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills which must include the ability to interact with both internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Must be able to work independently and on a team with minimal supervision
- Experience with web based implementations is preferred
- Knowledge of the institute of Electrical and Electronics (IEEE) and the international organization for standardization (ISO) standards is a plus
SLI Compliance is an independent division of Gaming Laboratories International (GLI). GLI is a world leader in testing gaming devices and online systems standards in the gaming, wagering and lottery industries. We have established an incomparable team of highly trained, hand-picked experts to deliver world-class services to the global gaming industry.
GLI is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
GLI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family USA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Colorado, USA